Chai Mitzvah March Meeting - Adding New Insights and Rituals to the Seder
March's subject is Adding New Insights to the Passover Seder, Book 6 in the series. We will discuss new Passover rituals. Please bring your favorite ritual, an idea for a new one, or a Passover Haggadah you especially like or have edited.
Join us for lively discussion on Jewish thought, practice and texts, with the Chai Mitzvah Curriculum. Each month we explore a different topic while also enriching our ritual practice and learning. Our first working meeting was in November. Our study partners will include Beth Am Women members of all ages, learning levels and ritual practice. For more information and meeting location, contact Deb at (408) 292-7025.
Chai Mitzvah is designed for everyone, no matter what kind of active Jewish life you've had in the past. It’s the perfect opportunity to reconnect with Jewish texts, values and settings; you will also reconnect with your community, developing your own meaningful Jewish life. This is an opportunity to explore and expand your Jewish horizons, study something you’ve always wanted to learn more about, deepen a ritual you already practice and connect all the parts of your Jewish life.
Chai Mitzvah has five basic components in a nine-month program:
- Group study - Each month we will have a different text-based curriculum (you can see samples of the topics on the website www.chaimitzvah.org under "Resources").
- Personal study - What have you always wanted to learn a little more about? Jewish life, history, major figures, literature, culture? Design your own independent study.
- Adopt a ritual/spiritual practice and incorporate it into your life for the duration of the program.
- Social action - Commit to helping in the community (either individually or as a group).
- Celebrate the achievement! At the end of the 9-month program, the synagogue will honor your journey. Participants who finish the program will receive a certificate from Chai Mitzvah and a tree planted in their name, courtesy of JNF's collaboration with Chai Mitzvah.
Experience a fully integrated, meaningful Jewish life, exploring what’s important to you. The meetings typically last about two hours each. Over 1,500 people, including men and women of multiple denominations and backgrounds, have participated in the program. It’s perfect for someone who wants a very personal, interactive educational experience.
The meeting will be held at a private home. RSVP to Deb for location information.