Celebrate Passover 2019/5779 with Beth Am
Each year, Passover calls us to remember the Exodus from Egypt as if we, personally, had journeyed from slavery to freedom. As we retell this story, we pray that one day all people who are still enslaved will be free. As the Haggadah teaches us, "In every generation, each of us must see ourselves as if we personally went out from Egypt." We celebrate Pesach not simply to repeat the tale of our enslavement and liberation, but to find new and personal meaning in that narrative each year. As Passover approaches, it’s time to think about how we’ll prepare our homes and our spirits for the arrival of the Feast of Freedom! As you cleanse your homes of chametz (products with leavening), please consider bringing unopened packages to Beth Am to donate to the hungry (see Second Harvest containers on the upper campus and in the Beit Kehillah).
While Passover is primarily a festival centered in the home, Beth Am offers several opportunities to celebrate as a community (be sure to check out Passover resources):
- Support IsraAID at Passover
Get Your Beautiful Passover/Shabbat Candles Before They're Gone!
- Beth Am Women Passover Recipe Swap
Sunday, April 7, 3:00 to 5:00 PM, Beit Kehillah
- Jewish Baby Network: Matzah Baby Boogie
Presented by Jewish Baby Network, PJCC and PJ Library
Sunday, April 7, 3:30-5:00 PM, Offsite
Cosponsored by Congregation Beth Am
- Beth Am Women Rosh Chodesh Nisan -- Making Order: How to Lead an Interactive Passover Seder
All women are welcome.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 7:30 PM, Beth Am Library
To RSVP, contact Lisa
- Help! I'm Hosting a Seder! Video Webinar with Rabbi Jon Prosnit
Wednesday, April 10, 6:30 PM
Register for the webinar and submit questions online.
- Passover-Themed Tot Shabbat Service
Friday, April 12, 5:15 PM, Chapel
Sign up by Wednesday, April 10
- Shabbat Services Cancelled on First Night of Passover
No Erev Shabbat Services on Friday, April 19
- First Night of Passover Seder Match
Let All Who Are Hungry Come and Eat
Friday, April 19, Hosted in Congregants' Homes
Sign up deadline has now passed.
- Beth Am's Annual 2nd Night Community Seder
Led by Rabbi Sarah Weissman
Saturday, April 20, 6:00 PM, Social Hall
Sign up by Wednesday, April 17
- Passover Festival and Yizkor Service, Led by Rabbi Marder and Cantor Shpall
We gather as a community to create a peaceful time of prayer, song and remembrance.
Friday, April 26, 9:30 AM, Beit Kehillah, followed by brunch
- A Beth Am Meditation for Passover
- What to Expect at a Passover Seder
- The Melodies of the Four Questions: Mah Nishtanah Tunes for Passover
- Beth Am Favorite Passover Recipes & Beth Am Women Favorite Passover Recipe
- URJ Passover Resources
- Forest Feast Nut-Free Charoset for Passover Recipe Video (Presented by Rabbi Jonathan Prosnit & Erin Gleeson)
- Jewish LearningWorks' Tips & Tools to Host Your Passover Seder
- Support Beth Am and shop for Passover at ModernTribe.com