Why would Martin Luther King approve of the following Beth Am justice event?
The Beth Am and our greater community will have the important and exciting opportunity to hear a presentation about how the “Voters Choice Act” will enable you to have more voting options which will make it easier and the process of voting more accessible here in California. This new voting legislation called also the VCA which passed the State Legislature in 2016, was implemented successfully in 2018 in San Mateo, Sacramento, Napa, Nevada and Madera Counties. For the March 3 Primary, this new law will apply now to Santa Clara County with the aim of making voting easier, more accessible and transparent for more people, and the law for all counties in California for the 2020 Elections.
This governmental action is a determined attempt by the CA Legislature to enfranchise more people to vote. Some thought-provoking questions:
- Why it is important that all voters know how this new law will affect their ability to vote on or before March 3 Primary?
- What is happening to your local precincts?
- What can you do if you want to change your political party before the Primary after the official Voting Registration period has passed?
- What are the new Voting Centers and how will they help all people to vote?
- What should one do if they make a mistake on the Vote-by-Mail ballot?
- Why is your signature so important?
Come with your questions to the presentation which will include slides and handouts by individuals trained to answer your questions. Light Refreshments will be served. You will also be able to Register to Vote at this presentation.
Presented by the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters and the Palo Alto League of Women Voters.