Beth Am Hosts this Year's Community Tikkun Leil Shavuot
An extraordinary late-night program of Jewish learning with rabbis and teachers from across the Jewish community! The evening will begin with a panel including Rabbi David Booth, Rabbi Darren Kleinberg and Rabbi Sarah Weissman, who will speak about their personal journeys of faith and doubt. See below for thisi year's format, or check out a complete schedule.
- 7:00 PM Panel Discussion: Journeys of Faith and Doubt -- Rabbi David Booth, Rabbi Darren Kleinberg, and Rabbi Sarah Weissman will speak personally about their journeys with faith, doubt, and the ebb and flow of belief.
- 8:30 PM Shavuot refreshments
- 9:00 PM Multiple Shavuot Evening Services and Havdalah
- 9:45 PM-12:00 AM Dynamic Learning Sessions with rabbis and teachers from across the community.
- 12:00-12:30 AM* Closing Event -- Receiving Torah Together
- 7:00-8:00 PM Shavuot for Tots (Ages 2-5) - Led by Kara Sanchez -- Parents & Tots are invited for Mount Sinai ice cream sundaes, followed by story time. Come in pajamas and feel free to bring favorite Jewish books.
For Kindergarten-7th Grade:
- 7:00-7:30 PM Ice Cream
- 7:30-9:00 PM K-2 Shavuot Activities
Grades 3-7, Learning with Aviv Matzkin
- 9:00-10:00 PM Shavuot Game Room
- 8:00-9:30 PM Pre-B'nei Mitzvah Torah Encounter for KE 6th Graders and their families
*Organized by Congregation Kol Emeth and co-sponsored by Congregation Beth Am. The all-night learning and sunrise service will return for Shavuot 2020 in the new Congregation Kol Emeth building. Due to space constraints, this year we will not have a sunrise service on Sunday morning. Instead we will read the 10 Commandments and have our festive Shavuot morning service, beginning at 9:15 AM at Beth Am.