Camp Beth Am
Camp Beth Am
Vicki Streeter, Interim Program Director
Camp Beth Am is a year-round program that blends the best aspects of Jewish summer camp and congregational family education.
CAMP BETH AM PROGRAMMING
Summer Day Camp 2019: An intensive day camp on our beautiful Beth Am campus, during which our campers engage in Jewish learning and other activities. A typical day runs from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Summer 2019 dates are Monday, June 17, 2019 - Friday, June 21, 2019.
Madrichim-in-Training (MIT) Program for 8th Graders: 8th Grade MITs attend all camp sessions and learn to be leaders through their work as classroom and activity aides. These students will be eligible to volunteer in Beth Am programs as Madrichim.
New! Camp Beth Am Retreat: This year the students who register for Camp Beth Am will be going to Urban Adamah in Berkeley, CA to enjoy Shabbat together, learn and build friendships. We will be offering 2 weekend dates for 5th & 6th graders to choose from and one weekend date for the 7th grade and MITs (8th grade). Transportation is included and the retreat fee is included in tuition.
School-Year Camp Sessions:
Please mark your calendars now for these fun events.
- Sunday, September 15, 2019, 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM: All Camp Beth Am Family Education day (Includes parents)
- Friday, November 1, 2019, 6:15 PM (service), 7:30 PM (dinner): Shabbat Dinner & Movie night (Includes parent social) (5th & 6th)
- Friday, December 13 - Sunday, December 15, 2019: Urban Adamah 5th & 6th grades OR
- Friday, January 24 - Sunday, January 26, 2020: Urban Adamah 5th & 6th grades (choose one)
- Friday, February 7 - Sunday, February 9, 2020: Urban Adamah 7th grade & MITs
- Friday, March 20, 2020 6:15 PM (service), 7:30 PM (dinner): Shabbat Dinner & Movie night (Includes parent social)
- Sunday, March 29, 2020, 11:45 AM - 2:15 PM: All Camp Chocolate Seder
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is the relationship between Camp Beth Am and Sunday Program/Lunch & Learn?
A. Camp Beth Am is a full Judaica program for 5th - 8th graders. Campers do not need to register for Sunday Program or Lunch & Learn in addition to Camp. However, 5th & 6th graders still need to register for Hebrew Program. Students in Beit Midrash (B’nei Mitzvah preparation) are expected to enroll in a Judaica program like Camp Beth Am and attend during the entire school year they become b’nei mitzvah.
Q. Can my child participate in both Sunday Program/Lunch & Learn AND Camp Beth Am?
A. Yes! If you and your child should so choose, that’s great!
Q. We already have plans during the week of June 17-21, 2019. Will the be another time offered?
A. Not for 2019. We’re sorry but students must be available to attend the summer week in order to participate in this program. We cannot make exceptions.
Q. Will it be fun? (Real question posed to a 5th grader.)