EMERGENCY PROCEDURES - SAFETY FIRST
- Students are not allowed to walk, sit, stand, play, or wait anywhere on campus out of visual contact or earshot of the Education Staff.
- If you cannot find your parents at pick up time, please go directly to the Education Office to ask for assistance.
- Please learn your child’s classroom number(s) and teachers’ name(s) in case of any emergency.
- Please walk your child to and from his/her classroom door and any other event locations during his or her kindergarten year, at least. Please walk all children under fifth grade to classroom doors for the first few program meetings of the year, at least.
- Please arrange with your children to meet you in the Education Office if you are late or if they cannot otherwise find you. If you cannot find your children after class, go directly to the Education Office. If you are late to pick up your children or if your children are not where you thought they would be, please come to the Education Office to find them.
- Only students with Emergency Forms on file in the Education Office may attend classes.
- Please contact us immediately in order to update each individual child’s forms if any of your contact information or your child’s health information changes.
- Please teach your child to spell his or her last name and to recite your telephone number.
- Please drive slowly and carefully at Beth Am. Observe all traffic signs. The maximum speed limit on the Beth Am campus is 15 miles per hour.
- Please only drop off your children at the staircase next to the Chapel and only pick up your children at the staircase next to the Conference Room. NOTE: Drop Off is supervised 15 minutes before Sunday Program begins until the program start time. Pick Up is supervised for 15 minutes, beginning immediately after the program ends for Sunday Program, Hebrew, Hagigah and Tuesday Night Program. Drop off and pick up are not supervised for Shabbaton.
- Please deliver a written request for any classroom visits to the Education Office at least one week ahead of time.
- If your child has allergy medicine or any other kind of medicine that you want us to store for their use, you may deliver it to the Education Office. We require that instructions, your name and telephone numbers, as well as your child’s name be clearly visible on the medicine.
- Fire and Earthquake Drills will be held in each of our Education Programs. Each classroom is equipped with a red emergency information binder which contains an Evacuation Plan and a small first aid kit.
- In case of emergency, there is the possibility that only long-distance telephone service will be available. As a result, parents may be able to make out-of-state calls faster than local calls. Therefore, in case of an emergency that affects our telephone lines, please contact our Emergency Telephone Number: 602-971-1234 at Temple Chai in Phoenix, Arizona
- In case of emergency, you can tune into KSJO FM 92.3 or KCBS AM 740 for emergency information.
- In case of an emergency, teachers will lead their class to the far corner of the main parking lot closest to Arastradero Road (this is the Assembly Area).
- Teachers must remain with ther students (classes) until excused by the School Principal.
- When you arrive to pick up your children, check in with your child’s teacher and the Senior Youth Education Staff member present. Only adults listed on each child’s Emergency Form may sign out any child. The sign-out sheet must also be signed by an Education Staff member before any student may leave the campus.
- Should an emergency situation require an exit from the campus or Assembly Area, exit the campus through the gate in the fence of the main parking lot (it is outlined in white paint).
- At least two adult Education Staff members will remain on campus until the remaining children are signed out.
- Should the entire site need to be evacuated, our offsite evacuation area is at Esther Clark Park located on Old Adobe Road in Palo Alto.