Alex Lyon, Education Program Manager
Sunday Program meets weekly during the school year, on Sunday mornings, 9:00 - 11:30 AM
Students learn about Judaism in a fun environment, studying topics which include Jewish values, life cycle events, Jewish holidays, Jewish symbols, Bible stories and Israel. Our student community gathers together for T’filah (worship) and singing each week with parents welcome and encouraged. Specialists enrich classroom learning with music, dance, Hebrew through movement, library visits, garden projects and art. Throughout the year, there are grade-level family participation days.
All students collect tzedakah in their classes.
Grade Level Curricular Themes:
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: Jewish Symbols, Rituals, and Traditions
- 1st Grade: The Jewish Holiday Cycle
- 2nd Grade: Torah: Genesis
- 3rd Grade: Torah: Exodus-Deuteronomy
- 4th Grade: Prophets, Kings and Other Sages
- 5th Grade: Israel