Shabbat mornings, 8:00 to 8:30 AM, Room Gimmel
All are welcome whether you have a regular practice or want to learn. As far back as the great prophetic schools and the early yeshivas, the rabbis meditated before Torah Study. You are invited to join this time-honored tradition. After a brief framing discussion, inspired by the weekly parashah, the group sits in silence for a while. You may try the suggested focus or pursue your own practice. Instruction is available on request. Comments about meditation from regular participants:
- "Something was missing from my life; I think it was me."
- "It is a point of stability in my week, when I rest with myself, rather than get carried by whatever hits me from outside."
- "I sit alone with myself, and yet I feel the power of others doing the same."
- "I like the clear structure, with emptiness in the middle."
- "Burdens seem to be lifted off me."