High Holy Days 5780 with Beth Am
"As the High Holy Days approach, we prepare for our shared time of reflection and renewal. Wherever we gather in a particular year, we create the Beth Am community — one enriched by beautiful music, the spirit and commitment of our members and our genuine care for one another. We look forward to sharing these meaningful days with all of you, and send warmest wishes for a healthy and peaceful new year."
— Rabbi Janet Marder and Beth Am President Andy Cheng
- Tickets for Members: Two name tags (your tickets) per household of members in good standing were enclosed in the High Holy Day mailing sent in late July. Please bring them to the service and wear them in plastic holders you can pick up at the venue. Tickets are not required for children under 21.
- We invite unaffiliated Jews of the community to share the High Holy Days with Beth Am. Order tickets using the online form or the downloadable ticket order form. (If you use the downloadable form, please complete and return it with your check payable to Congregation Beth Am. Mail to: Congregation Beth Am, 26790 Arastradero Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022.) Tickets may be purchased for:
- $300 per adult, non-member, inclusive of all services
- $125 per adult for out-of-town relatives, inclusive of all services
- $36 for young adults (ages 36 and under) through our 36 for 36 Program, which can include membership in the congregation
- Reciprocal tickets are available at no charge for members of other Reform synagogues. To order yours, please email email@example.com or call (650) 493-4661.
- Tickets are available (at no charge) for full-time students, military personnel and Beth Am teachers.
- Deadline for mailing tickets: Additional tickets must be ordered by Thursday, September 19 to receive tickets by mail. Orders received after September 20 must be picked up in the Beth Am main office or at the Will Call Box at Redemption.
- SAME LOCATION AS LAST YEAR -- Redemption Bay Area, located at 105 Nortech Parkway, San Jose, CA 95134, approximately 25 minutes by car from Beth Am. PLEASE NOTE: PARKING IS AMPLE AND EASY. Download: Map & Driving Instructions
- Wheelchair Assistance: Wheelchair service will be available for those needing extra assistance. No reservations required.
- Live video streaming will be available this year for those who are not able to attend the services in person. To access during service times, please visit: www.betham.org/streaming
Please make note of sign up deadlines and locations below:
- PURCHASE YOUR PRAYER BOOKS: Our wonderful High Holy Day prayer book, Mishkan HaNefesh: A Machzor for the Days of Awe is available for purchase! Get yours before the High Holy Days at Congregation Beth Am for $40 per two-volume set (while supplies last), from smile.amazon.com or from CCARPress.org. Please note that Beth Am has only a limited supply to loan. Thank you for purchasing and bringing your own set.
- SPECIAL SEATING (disability-related): Contact the Beth Am office.
- BOOK OF MEMORY: Please return your listings by Friday, August 9. The Book of Memory will become available on Yom Kippur Day, Wednesday, October 9 at Redemption.
- YOUTH PROGRAMS SIGN-UP for Preschoolers through 5th Grade: Please sign up by Monday, September 19. Walk-in registrations accepted as space permits. The fee is $25 per child per holiday morning.
- S'LICHOT SERVICE with a screening of Groundhog Day: Saturday, September 21, 7:00 PM, Social Hall & Sanctuary
- ROSH HASHANAH SERVICES, Redemption:
- Erev Rosh Hashanah Service: Sunday, September 29, 8:00 PM
- Morning Service: Monday, September 30, 10:00 AM
- FOR FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN (NO tickets required):
Family Rosh Hashanah Celebration with Jewish Baby Network (co-sponsored by Beth Am): Sunday, September 29, 10:30 AM to Noon, Juana Briones Park, Palo Alto
Rosh Hashanah: Monday, September 30, 1:30 PM, Redemption
Yom Kippur: Wednesday, October 9, 1:30 PM, Redemption
- TEEN PROGRAMS: For 6th-12th graders
Rosh Hashanah: Monday, September 30, 10:00 AM, Redemption
Yom Kippur: Wednesday, October 9, 10:00 AM, Redemption
- TASHLIKH: Monday, September 30, 4:00 PM, Baylands Sailing Station (download map)
- SHABBAT SHUVAH SERVICE:
Friday, October 4, 6:15 PM, Beth Am Sanctuary & Outdoor Chapel
Join us in the Sanctuary for our Shabbat Shuvah service. At the conclusion of the service we will proceed to the Outdoor Chapel to dedicate the memorial plaques that have been added to the wall since our 2018 Shabbat Shuvah service.
- HIGH HOLY DAY FOOD DRIVE:
Bag distribution on Rosh Hashanah: Monday, September 30, Redemption
Food collection on Yom Kippur: Wednesday, October 9, Redemption
Our food collection drive benefits the East Palo Alto Ecumenical Hunger Program (EHP) and Jewish Family and Children's Services (JFCS).
Wednesday, October 9, Redemption
- Morning Service at 10:00 AM
- YOM KIPPUR AFTERNOON STUDY SESSIONS beginning at 1:30 PM
- Music & Meditation at 2:30 PM
- Afternoon Service at 3:30 PM
- The Yizkor and N'eilah (Concluding) service begins at 4:45 PM (approx.) and ends at 6:45 PM (approx.)
Help BAM Build the Congregational Sukkah: Information to come.
Family Sukkot Celebration with Jewish Baby Network (cosponsored by Beth Am): Sunday, October 20, 10:30 AM - Noon, Booth Family Sukkah, Palo Alto
Sukkot for Families with Young Children: Saturday, October 19, 9:15 AM, Beth Am Sukkah
- SIMCHAT TORAH CELEBRATION:
Sunday, October 20, 5:00 PM, Beth Am Sanctuary
- SHEMINI ATZERET: Festival Yizkor Service & Brunch
Monday, October 21, 9:30 AM, Beth Am Beit Kehillah